¡Feliz Año Nuevo de San Anto Cultural Arts!
SACA staff has hit the ground running as the new year has arrived. Last year saw tremendous changes in the life of the organization, and I want to thank each of you for supporting us with encouragement, time, inspiration, and love. We never would have weathered the loss of Manny without you; your belief in San Anto Cultural Arts helped us survive after his passing. Even though it's been a year, we miss him every day and we keep his mission and vision in our daily work.
The hardest part of the transition may be over, but 2010 is going to prove to be a HUGE year for San Anto Cultural Arts, and we need your continued support as much as ever as we strive to meet the increased demand for our programs and services. here are a few highlights to watch out for as we look toward 2010...
· Raza Poetry and Open Mic Night featuring Desahogate #2: Amor y Pazion at Guadalupe Street Coffee from 6:30-9:00 p.m. on Friday, January 22
· Blessing of the “Consciousness” Handball Mural Blessing (Lead Muralist: Rico Salinas) on Saturday, February 27
· Kick off of the “Transformation” Haven for Hope Mural (Lead Muralist: Gabriel Garcia) in the Spring
· El Placazo Foto Workshop in June and the Exhibit July 10 with Mari Hernandez as Lead Photographer
· The 13th Annual Huevos Rancheros Gala and Silent Art Auction on Saturday, October 2 at the Plaza Guadalupe
· Dia de Los Muertos Barrio Procession on November 2 in collaboration with Inner City Development, the P.E.A.C.E. Initiative, and the San Jacinto Senior Homes
· And oh yeah, our own building!!! More details to come…
We hope to see you at as many San Anto events as possible, and know that you're always welcome to pop by our office and check in. On behalf of the Board and Staff of San Anto Cultural Arts, have a happy new year, thank you for all you've done, and we hope to see you soon!
San Anto Cultural Arts